- 1 pound ground venison
- 3/4 cup chopped onion, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili without beans
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Nacho chips
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the venison, 1/2 cup onion and 1/2 cup green pepper in oil until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the next six ingredients; cook and stir until the cheese is melted. Transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and remaining onion and green pepper. Serve with chips. Yield: 6 cups.
Reviews forVenison Cheese Dip
"This is really, really good. I have made this multiple times without changing the recipe and it comes out great each time. I have made it to go with white rice, yellow rice (because that was all I had on hand at the time), smothered cornbread with it, and tortilla chips. Each time my family ranted and raved about it including my picky 6 year old."
"I have made this a lot over the years. It is a favorite of my brother and I. It does make a huge batch tho!!"