This warm sausage dip is a family-favorite snack on cool days. The meat-lovers in your family will especially love this country-style appetizer. —Susie Wingert, Panama, Iowa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 2-1/2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup sour cream
- Tortilla chips
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage until no longer pink; drain. Add the next eight ingredients; cook until the vegetables are tender. Reduce heat to low; add cream cheese and sour cream. Cook and stir until cheese is melted and well blended (do not boil). Serve warm with tortilla chips.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 59 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 149mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Sausage Dip in Country Pork
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.