- 2 cups cut fresh green beans or wax beans (1 inch)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen peas, thawed
- 2 medium sweet red or yellow peppers, chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil or Italian parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, quartered
- Optional toppings: chopped cashews, chopped pecans, toasted sesame seeds and cooked and crumbled bacon
- In a saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add beans; cook, uncovered, 2-3 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Remove beans and immediately drop into ice water. Drain beans and pat dry; place in a large bowl. Add remaining vegetables.
- Place mayonnaise, basil, vinegar and garlic in a food processor; process until blended. Add to vegetables and toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour before serving. Just before serving, sprinkle with toppings as desired.
3/4 cup: 204 calories, 18g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 125mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.