Veggie Lovers Combo Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups cut fresh green beans or wax beans (1 inch)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen peas, thawed
- 2 medium sweet red or yellow peppers, chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil or Italian parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, quartered
- Optional toppings: chopped cashews, chopped pecans, toasted sesame seeds and cooked and crumbled bacon
- In a saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add beans; cook, uncovered, 2-3 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Remove beans and immediately drop into ice water. Drain beans and pat dry; place in a large bowl. Add remaining vegetables.
- Place mayonnaise, basil, vinegar and garlic in a food processor; process until blended. Add to vegetables and toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour before serving. Just before serving, sprinkle with toppings as desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 204 calories, 18g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 125mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 16, 2015
I have made this salad countless times. It is a winner in our household!
May 31, 2015
I made this for a Memorial Day picnic. It's definitely not your typical veggie picnic salad. This had a unique flavor that we didn't really expect from a mayonnaise vegetable salad. Even so, it was quite tasty. We all felt like it needed a little bit of salt added to the recipe. Other than that it was very good.