Veggie Spiral Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup uncooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cucumber, celery, onion, radishes, tomatoes, olives, cheese, garlic powder and pepper. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; stir into vegetable mixture.
- In a bowl, whisk the dressing mix, vinegar and oil. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 186 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 356mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Nov 1, 2018
Excellent dish. I have served it at various occasions and I always receive excellent reviews. It seem like I can never fix enough.
May 16, 2017
This is the second time I am submitting a review. This is the third time today that a review did not take. Some did and some didn't. I saved them up to do at one time. This was very good. We enjoyed it and will make it again. Thanks for the recipe.
May 16, 2017
This was very good. Will make again. Thanks for the recipe.
Nov 13, 2016
Good pasta salad. Vegetables blended in and hardly realized we were eating them. I left out the olives but otherwise made as written.
May 31, 2016
Great salad for a summer dinner - went perfectly with our grilled port chops. I left out the radishes, as no one in my family cares for them, but followed the rest of the recipe as written. Will make again!
May 13, 2016
Similar to my Daughter-in-Law's recipe. She uses Ken's Lite Italian and adds chopped mini bologna sticks.
Jan 30, 2016
Even the kids loved it
Jul 5, 2015
Probably the best pasta salad I've ever made. Added a grilled chicken breast to make it into a meal. Used Manchego cheese (available at Costco) instead of Swiss for extra flavor. Next time, I will kick it up another notch by adding either toasted slivered almonds, or cashew halves or pistachios.
Aug 10, 2014
Great side dish for a barbeque, although I added a bit of Salad Supreme spice. Yum! Guests and family really enjoyed it.(Edited for grammatical errors)
Aug 9, 2014
Use Gazebo Room Greek salad dressing. Much tastier.