Vegetarian Black Bean Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 9 ounces uncooked whole wheat fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-3/4 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in black beans, tomatoes, rosemary and oregano; heat through. Stir in spinach until wilted. Drain fettuccine; add to bean mixture and toss to combine.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 255 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 9g fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
May 27, 2018
very light. Bland but good if you have digestive problem. healthy mal doe s not take long to make on a hot day. this is the second time I made this dish.
Aug 18, 2016
My husband and I loved this! I added black pepper,some fire roasted peppers,used thyme in place of the rosemary. Added shredded parmesan cheese before serving. Definitely will be making again.
Jun 25, 2016
I followed the recipe as written and as another reviewer stated, it was kind of bland. I added sea salt, fresh ground pepper, and a little crushed red pepper to liven up the flavor. I believe the recipe would taste great with cannelini beans substituted for the black beans.
Apr 12, 2016
I'm dumbfounded by the rave reviews. I followed the recipe exactly and this was so bland.
Mar 26, 2016
Easy to prepare and even easier to eat! I used black beans that I had soaked and cooked the day before and fresh tomatoes in order to lower the sodium a bit. This meal was very well received by my husband and teenaged son.
Mar 12, 2016
Not a favorite dish with my teenagers but my husband liked it. Flavors were good. Quick to put together. Satisfying.
Oct 7, 2015
Made this for the first time last night. Just before serving I added a bit of feta cheese.Yummy! have some leftovers so tonight I will add some smoked sausage. I will definitely be making this again.
Sep 15, 2015
Perfect dish for Meatless Monday. I added grated parmesan right before serving. Will definitely be making this again.
Jul 16, 2015
This was one of the recipes at our Simple & Delicious porch party. I substituted rotini pasta for the fettuccine. I served it with some freshly grated Parmesan and used fresh rosemary instead of dried. Yummy!
Jul 15, 2015
Made this for friends, everyone loved it! Made for a yummy lunch the next day too.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.