Flavored coffee creamer drives my husband nuts—he calls it "lady coffee." Even so, I make this classic vanilla one all the time. Check out my blog, shaunasever.com, for ways to spice it up. —Shauna Sever, San Francisco, California
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup half-and-half cream, 2% milk or heavy whipping cream
- Dash salt
- Split vanilla bean lengthwise. Using the tip of a sharp knife, scrape seeds from the center into a small saucepan; add bean.
- Add remaining ingredients to pan; cook and stir over medium heat 5-7 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 15 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Discard vanilla bean. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 4 days. Stir before using. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Vanilla Coffee Creamer in Simple & Delicious February/March 2015