"This side always takes my guests by surprise because of the smoky, creamy flavor and the pretty presentation. No doubt you'll get major kudos when you place these on your table." Cynthia Boberskyj, Rochester, New York
Recommended: 80 Recipes for Serious Potato Lovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Scrub and pierce sweet potatoes. Bake at 375° for 1-1/4 hours or until tender.
- When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells. In a large bowl, mash the pulp with butter. Stir in the cheese, bacon, salt and pepper. Spoon into potato shells.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes in Taste of Home October/November 2008, p17