Twice-Baked New Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 70 min. Broil: 10 min.
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 1-1/2 pound small red potatoes
- 2 to 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Pierce potatoes; rub skins with oil. Place in a baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 50 minutes or until tender. Cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the Monterey Jack cheese, sour cream, cream cheese, onions, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Cut potatoes in half; carefully scoop out pulp, leaving thin shells. Add pulp to the cheese mixture and mash; stir in bacon. Spoon or pipe into potato shells.
- Place on a baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 7-8 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 178 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 278mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Jan 5, 2018
We really liked these - they had a great flavor and weren't as greasy as the ones we usually make with butter & cream. Topped them with a little more cheese under the broiler. Will make again.
Feb 16, 2017
We love red potatoes and the flavors of this dish were great. They were a lot of work but made a great side dish for our traditional Sunday family dinners.
Jan 17, 2010
I found using the red potatoes to be more of a hassle than it was worth. The filling is delicious though.
Jan 1, 2010
i was eating it out of the bowl it was so good
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.