Twice-Baked New Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 70 min. Broil: 10 min.
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 1-1/2 pound small red potatoes
- 2 to 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Pierce potatoes; rub skins with oil. Place in a baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 50 minutes or until tender. Cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the Monterey Jack cheese, sour cream, cream cheese, onions, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Cut potatoes in half; carefully scoop out pulp, leaving thin shells. Add pulp to the cheese mixture and mash; stir in bacon. Spoon or pipe into potato shells.
- Place on a baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 7-8 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 178 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 278mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 5, 2018
We really liked these - they had a great flavor and weren't as greasy as the ones we usually make with butter & cream. Topped them with a little more cheese under the broiler. Will make again.
Feb 16, 2017
We love red potatoes and the flavors of this dish were great. They were a lot of work but made a great side dish for our traditional Sunday family dinners.
Jan 17, 2010
I found using the red potatoes to be more of a hassle than it was worth. The filling is delicious though.
Jan 1, 2010
i was eating it out of the bowl it was so good