Tuscan Fish Packets
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 medium lemon, cut into 8 thin slices
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a bowl, combine beans, tomatoes, zucchini, onion, garlic, wine, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoons pepper.
- Rinse fish and pat dry. Place each fillet on an 18x12-inch piece of heavy-duty foil; season with remaining salt and pepper. Spoon bean mixture over fish; top with lemon slices. Fold foil around fish and crimp edges to seal. Transfer packets to a baking sheet.
- Bake until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork and vegetables are tender, 15-20 minutes. Be careful of escaping steam when opening packet.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 270 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 658mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 7g fiber), 38g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 21, 2018
My husband and I have fish at least once a week so I am always looking for tasty new ways to serve it. This recipe fit the bill. It was so easy to prepare and the clean up is a breeze. The only change I made the first time was using red snapper because that is what I had on hand. The second time I used cod and added some freshly chopped basil as a finishing touch when serving it.
Sep 25, 2018
I prepared this recipe recently and both hubby and I loved it. I followed the recipe exactly and the fish packets were done in 15 minutes. This dish is delicious. I usually do not prepare fish at home but I will be preparing this recipe again. It is quick and easy. Volunteer Field Editor
Jul 29, 2018
Loved! this recipe! gave it a 5 star rating! simple and easy!! family loved it!! will make again! debp VFE
Jul 19, 2018
I had made this dish on 7/11/18! I used 2 lbs. of codfish and 1/4 cup white cooking wine. The seasonings and vegetables were kept as is! I used LESS foil-I had used foil wrappers for each portion of cod and the wrappers worked out well! I got 8 total packets! delowenstein
Jul 19, 2018
I made this for dinner last night and it was a winner! I used yellow squash (instead of zucchini) and did not use lemon (as my husband dislikes lemon) .... everything else was just as in the recipe. I found it to be a light and satisfying dish... I also served it with white rice..... perfect to serve on a day that is spent working hard ...... five stars for sure!
Jul 13, 2018
This recipe was delicious! I added 2 Tbs. chopped green olives with pimentoes to the bean mixture and I baked the fish packets on the upper shelf of my outdoor grill (not directly over the heat) and they came out perfect! Even the beef lovers in my family enjoyed fish made this way. A definite keeper!
Jul 11, 2018
I had been looking for something new to do w fish, this was easy to make , I was just given the first local zucchini of the season From a friend and the rest of the ingredients I always have in the pantry. It was flavorful, colorful too! My " meat
Jul 9, 2018
I just happened to have all the ingredients on hand to make this interesting fish dinner. There being just two of us, I cut the recipe exactly in half, making no other changes. Wow! What a wonderful and easy way to get an outstanding and delicious, aromatic and tender fish dinner. I paired it with parsley potatoes, making it an all around satisfying meal. I will make it again, and I doubt that I will make any changes, since this version is so good. Don't mess with success.