Tuscan Fish Packets
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 medium lemon, cut into 8 thin slices
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a bowl, combine beans, tomatoes, zucchini, onion, garlic, wine, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoons pepper.
- Rinse fish and pat dry. Place each fillet on a piece of 18x12-inch heavy-duty foil; season with remaining salt and pepper. Spoon bean mixture over fish; top with lemon slices. Fold foil around fish and crimp edges to seal. Transfer packets to a baking sheet.
- Bake until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork and vegetables are tender, 15-20 minutes. Be careful of escaping steam when opening packet.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 270 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 658mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 7g fiber), 38g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Jul 13, 2018
This recipe was delicious! I added 2 Tbs. chopped green olives with pimentoes to the bean mixture and I baked the fish packets on the upper shelf of my outdoor grill (not directly over the heat) and they came out perfect! Even the beef lovers in my family enjoyed fish made this way. A definite keeper!
Jul 11, 2018
I had been looking for something new to do w fish, this was easy to make , I was just given the first local zucchini of the season From a friend and the rest of the ingredients I always have in the pantry. It was flavorful, colorful too! My " meat
Jul 9, 2018
I just happened to have all the ingredients on hand to make this interesting fish dinner. There being just two of us, I cut the recipe exactly in half, making no other changes. Wow! What a wonderful and easy way to get an outstanding and delicious, aromatic and tender fish dinner. I paired it with parsley potatoes, making it an all around satisfying meal. I will make it again, and I doubt that I will make any changes, since this version is so good. Don't mess with success.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.