Asian-Style Salmon Packets
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 slices sweet onion
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- Chopped fresh mint
- Grated lime zest
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place each onion slice on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Top with salmon. Combine next seven ingredients; spoon over fillets. Fold foil around mixture; crimp edges to seal.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake until fish flakes easily with a fork, 15-20 minutes. Be careful of escaping steam when opening packets. Serve with mint and lime zest.
Nutrition Facts1 salmon fillet with 1 tablespoon sauce: 319 calories, 19g fat (4g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 259mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 16, 2017
Let me be the first to review I guess! Well, this was certainly "changed up" alright --I've never had this type of topping on salmon before and we eat a LOT of salmon! My son said, "The sauce on top is good but kinda surprising". The combination of ingredients created a definite presence on top of the fish and I think the chili sauce and lime juice had a lot to do with that. My husband and son were not sure about the mustard seeds on top, so if I make this again, I will reduce them for their sake--I was fine with them. Not absolutely sure I'll make this again--we'll see.