Asian-Style Salmon Packets
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 slices sweet onion
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- Chopped fresh mint
- Grated lime zest
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place each onion slice on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Top with salmon. Combine next seven ingredients; spoon over fillets. Fold foil around mixture; crimp edges to seal.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake until fish flakes easily with a fork, 15-20 minutes. Be careful of escaping steam when opening packets. Serve with mint and lime zest.
Nutrition Facts1 salmon fillet with 1 tablespoon sauce: 319 calories, 19g fat (4g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 259mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 16, 2017
Let me be the first to review I guess! Well, this was certainly "changed up" alright --I've never had this type of topping on salmon before and we eat a LOT of salmon! My son said, "The sauce on top is good but kinda surprising". The combination of ingredients created a definite presence on top of the fish and I think the chili sauce and lime juice had a lot to do with that. My husband and son were not sure about the mustard seeds on top, so if I make this again, I will reduce them for their sake--I was fine with them. Not absolutely sure I'll make this again--we'll see.