Teriyaki Salmon Bundles
If you're bored with the same old appetizers, give this one a try. I serve the little salmon bundles on skewers for easy dipping. Standing the skewers in a small vase filled with table salt creates a festive presentation. —Diane Halferty, Corpus Christi, Texas
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makes32 appetizers (3/4 cup sauce)
- 4 tablespoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/4 pounds salmon fillet, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2/3 cup orange marmalade
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce, lemon zest and lemon juice. Add salmon; toss to coat. Marinate at room temperature 20 minutes.
- Drain salmon, discarding marinade. Unfold puff pastry. Cut each sheet lengthwise into 1/2-in.-wide strips; cut crosswise in half. Overlap two strips of pastry, forming an X. Place a salmon cube in the center. Wrap pastry over salmon; pinch ends to seal. Place on a greased baking sheet, seam side down. Repeat. Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, mix marmalade and remaining teriyaki. Serve with salmon bundles.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer with about 1 teaspoon sauce: 120 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as SALMON CITRUS LOLLIPOPS in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.