Malibu Chicken Bundles
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup honey Dijon mustard, divided
- 4 thin slices deli ham
- 4 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1-1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Flatten chicken breasts to 1/4-in. thickness. Spread 1 tablespoon mustard over each; layer with ham, cheese and pineapple. Fold chicken over pineapple; secure with toothpicks. Brush bundles with remaining mustard.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Roll bundles in bread crumb mixture; place in an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Discard toothpicks.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 400 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 784mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 2g fiber), 36g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Oct 31, 2019
I typically fall back on simple, easy and fast in the kitchen. This recipe is very tasty, but a lot of prep work. The sauce was a bit rich for us.
Jun 30, 2014
Lots of taste and something different!
Oct 2, 2013
Tried this for the first time....am in LOVE with the recipe!! So simple to make, so delicious to eat. TOH never disappoints :)
Aug 30, 2011
For the two of us, I cut the recipe in half but made all of the sauce (toss the 1/2 can of soup or half the sauce?). We did toss some of the sauce but we were glad to have the extra. This is a WONDERFUL recipe.
Jan 31, 2010
I did not have any cream of chicken soup so I used chicken with herbs soup. It was fantastic. I cut it in half and made it for two.
Nov 25, 2009
This was truly awesome! My family loved it, and rated it 4/5, I give it 5/5. Very fancy and tasty. I might omit the mustard, but otherwise fantastic!
Apr 5, 2009
This is really good. I have already made it twice and plan on making it again. It is fairly simple yet elegant enough for company. My husband loves it.
Nov 16, 2008
Yummy comfort food that I'll be making again for sure.