Crescent Chicken Bundles
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoon whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup crushed seasoned stuffing
- Preheat oven to 350°. Beat cream cheese, 2 tablespoons butter, chives, milk, salt and pepper until blended. Stir in chicken.
- Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into eight rectangles; press perforations together. Spoon about 1/2 cup chicken mixture in the center of each rectangle. Bring edges up to the center and pinch to seal. Brush with remaining butter. Sprinkle with crushed stuffing, lightly pressing down.
- Transfer to ungreased baking sheets. Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Freeze option: Freeze unbaked bundles on baking sheets until firm; transfer to a freezer container. May be frozen up to 2 months. To use, thaw in refrigerator. Bake as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 bundle: 363 calories, 21g fat (9g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 622mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 10, 2015
This was pretty tasty! I make something similar to this with salmon instead of chicken and it's delicious. Maybe next time I will add in some finely chopped celery and onion to give it a bit more taste. I like the idea of adding cheese, like a previous reviewer said. I may try that too. Either way, a good dish! Will make this again.Update: Made this again this evening and of course forgot to add the celery, onion & cheese. I used Italian style bread crumbs as a topping since I didn't have seasoned stuffing. Worked out great!
Sep 24, 2014
Made this tonight,used fat free cream cheese and reduced fat crescent rolls..Gonna add some cheddar cheese the next time..Excellent dish
May 11, 2014
I often make these with reduced fat cream cheese and crescent rolls. Plus, I usually don't add the chives. Even my youngest who does not like cream cheese or anything else creamy loves these. My oldest requests them frequently.
Aug 13, 2013
These chicken bundles were delicious! They were also easy to make. I will be making them again.
Jan 25, 2013
My family and I loved it. We used some leftover rotisserie chicken we had from the night before. I also added a can of mushrooms, and dried chopped onion to it. Instead of seasoned stuffing, I used Italian style bread crumbs that I had on hand. I only used enough to really coat the cream cheese mixture. VERY TASTY. I will definitely be making again.
Nov 13, 2012
My husband and I really like these so I make a double batch. I used minced onion instead of chives and crushed flavored croutons instead of the stuffing.
Oct 22, 2012
We made at church for a make'n'take thing we do and everyone loved them! I replaced the chives with green chilies and they were awesome! Used crushed curtons for the topping, we loved the crunch.
Nov 23, 2011
i found it to be too creamy and the dough to forever to cook. the time to me was not right. but my husband and daughter ate it with out complaining
Jul 25, 2011
Good quick fix. Simple and filling. It only took ten minutes to reach golden brown. I'll definitely be making this again.
Feb 22, 2010
I made these bundles 2 different ways for my husband's platoon meeting. I made them the way the recipe here is done and they were delicious, but I also added and changed a few things about it to make the second batch and they were even more scrumptious.First, I simmered 1 cup of chopped mushrooms with my chicken. I also used one 8 oz. pkg of cream cheese and only 3 tablespoons of butter. Instead of regular salt I used garlic salt and added 1 tablespoon of basil and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese. Before I spooned the mixture onto the crescents I sprinkled on a little shredded cheese.I will be making these often! Our new favorite meal!