Roast Beef Aioli Bundles
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 16 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 thin slices deli roast beef, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet orange pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 16 whole chives
- In a large skillet, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, garlic, mustard, lemon juice and cumin. Place roast beef slices on a work surface; spread each slice with 1 teaspoon aioli. Top each with an asparagus spear and pepper strips. Roll up tightly; tie bundles with chives. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 52 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 74mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat.
Oct 30, 2016
Fixed these for a party and they turned out great! If you are using large spears of asparagus these will turn out pretty large with a whole strip of beef. I cut the already cut in half lengthwise in half cross ways and it still wrapped around the spear. Pretty presentation.
Mar 31, 2016
This recipe is great. My family loves asparagus and nothing says it better than spring. These bundles were a hit at our potluck also and were easy to prepare
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.