Total TimePrep: 25 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- Leaf lettuce and tomato slices, optional
- Shape meat into six patties; place in a shallow dish. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, soy sauce, ketchup, vinegar, garlic and pepper. Set aside 1/4 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade over the patties. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Grill burgers, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
- Serve on hamburger buns with lettuce leaves and tomato slices if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 439 calories, 25g fat (7g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 968mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 25, 2017
A good variation to basic hamburgers.
Jul 16, 2012
This is a wonderfully simple and flavorful way to change up your traditional grilled hamburger. I would recommend using a leaner cut of ground beef with this (such as 90/10) as the canola oil in the marinade adds a great deal of fat and moisture. Very good--will definitely make again.
May 27, 2010
different and quite tasty!