Garlic-Ginger Salmon Packets
With minimal effort and mess, this tender salmon fillet has the makings of a dinnertime staple. Citrus, garlic and ginger bring out the best in this low calorie entrée. —Lisa Finnegan, Forked River, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Grill: 15 min.
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place each salmon fillet on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Combine the ginger, cilantro, garlic and zests; spoon over salmon.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, soy sauce and pepper; drizzle over salmon. Fold foil around fish and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet: 279 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 389mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat.
Originally published as Grilled Salmon in Foil Packets in Healthy Cooking August/September 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.