Triple-Onion Baked Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup diced American cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, finely slices
- Bake potatoes at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp; remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. In the drippings, saute red and yellow onions until tender; set aside.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving an 1/8-in. shell. In a bowl, beat the pulp, sour cream and milk until creamy. Stir in sauteed onions, American cheese and 1 cup of bacon. Spoon into potato shells.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, green onions and remaining bacon. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 374 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 565mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 15g protein.
Jun 24, 2017
The combination of flavors here is awesome.
Dec 29, 2015
Great. I like that they can be prepared a day ahead then baked.
Nov 10, 2015
Soooo good! I assemble these a day ahead of time and throw them in the oven for the final bake just before serving. Such great flavors.
Jun 20, 2010
To say my family loves these potatoes would be an understatement! I could make these every day and they wouldn't tire of them. Thank you for a great recipe.
May 14, 2010
Everytime I make this I have to use an entire 5-lb. bag of potatoes. My two teenage boys would eat these everyday! I like the red potatoes a lot better than the white potatoes. Makes a much smoother filling.
Oct 17, 2009
This is an incredible recipe. I love to make it ahead of time...and then throw it in the oven 30 min. before guests arrive =)