- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped*
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- Baked tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first 13 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 4 cups.
Reviews forTomato Black Bean Salsa
"This recipe has been a favorite since the first time I made it. I can't eat green peppers and I didn't have any jalapenos, so I substituted a regular (tiny) can of chopped green chilies for all of the other peppers. I made a mistake and used a full teaspoon of coriander the first time I made it, and it was delicious. The lime juice makes the whole thing. That surprised me, but it is what it is. My friends love this as much as I do!"
"This is a very excellent recipe that can be tweeked to suite your own taste. I left out the jalapenos, used white onion, dried cilantro, and no corriander. I also added a dash of apple cider vinegar along with the lime juice and it took on a wonderful sweet flavor. It takes only minutes to make and is simply delicious!"
"very good and easy to make----I think this one would be a hit a any party or just sitting around watching the game."
"combined with another recipe, good, had to make a second batch immediately.(did not use red or jalapeno peppers, & sauted onions first."