Three’s-a-Charm Shamrock Soup
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 40 min.
Makes10 servings (2-1/2 quarts)
- 6 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 5 cups water
- 3 cups diced cooked corned beef
- 2 cups chopped cooked cabbage
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- In a large soup kettle, bring the celery, carrots, potatoes and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 132 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 818mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Apr 5, 2016
I made this for a potluck in March, for 50 people. I cooked the corned beef and cut it up, use baby carrots, had one lady dice the potatoes, and another cook and chop the cabbage. We all took our thing to the clubhouse, heated the liquid and put the vegies and meat in and let it simmer a couple of hours. It was a hit with everyone, and could not have been any easier for a large crowd. Loved it!!
Jun 15, 2013
I love this soup. I make it several times a year. It taste so much like a plate of corn beef and cabbage! To make things a little easier, I will periodically used a can of carrots and I also add a can of diced potatoes.
Mar 6, 2011
Absolutely love it. It's a time saver to cook the corn beef and dice it the day before.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.