Veggie Meatball Soup for 3
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 4-1/4 hours
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 3/4 cup canned stewed tomatoes
- 9 frozen fully cooked homestyle meatballs (1/2 ounce each), thawed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup uncooked spiral pasta
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until heated through. Stir in pasta; cover and cook on high for 15-30 minutes or until tender. Discard bay leaves.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 250 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 671mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 11g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Sep 20, 2012
What a great, quick meal!! Crowd pleaser and loved the low calorie. Substituted turkey meatballs and a 1.5 quarts of roasted red pepper soup- just what I had on hand.
Apr 3, 2012
It is one of our favorites. So good. I usually double the recipe and quarter the meatballs. Thank you for a good one.
Apr 14, 2010
So simple, so delicious, perfect meal for a mom on the go!
Dec 31, 2009
Got this recipe last month and have already made it twice. It's so good! I don't measure much when I make it and usually try to add extra broth, tomatoes, and meatballs. (I use Great Value brand homestyle meatballs, and am satisfied with them.) I've also added fresh celery once and dried celery flakes once--both good. This recipe took the fast track to one I make when company's over. Try it over lots of Fritos!
Dec 2, 2009
This is a new family favorite! This was really easy to make and with ingredients readily available in the pantry and freezer.
Nov 30, 2009
I make one very similar to this and i used to use tomatoes but i find that tomatoe paste gives a richer taste and i just use lean hamburger. My family says that is their favorite soup. Mean while I jus tmade chicken soup today.
Nov 30, 2009
My family loves soup on a cold day and this soup is absolutely excellent. It's a recipe we'll be keeping.