This homey mix of eggs, corn tortilla strips, roast beef and other savory ingredients is a favorite dinner for two for Paula Hill Wharton and her husband in El Paso, Texas.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 corn tortillas (6 inches), cut into thin strips
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded cooked roast beef
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook tortilla strips in 2 teaspoons oil for 5 minutes or until lightly golden brown but not crisp. Add the onion, jalapeno and remaining oil; cook 2 minutes longer.
- Add the eggs, tomato, beef, salt and pepper; cook and stir until eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand for 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 410 calories, 25g fat (8g saturated fat), 452mg cholesterol, 437mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.