Southwest Tortilla Scramble
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 corn tortillas (6 inches), halved and cut into strips
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup salsa
- In a large bowl, whisk egg whites, eggs and pepper. Stir in tortillas, spinach and cheese.
- Heat a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Pour in egg mixture; cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Top with salsa.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 195 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 217mg cholesterol, 391mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch.
Jan 5, 2015
Agreed. The torn corn tortilla added is not a good idea. Pretty basic recipe.
Nov 14, 2013
I omitted sustituted the egg whites and added 2 whole eggs. Tossed in some leftover peppers and onions. I wasn't thrilled with the cut up corn tortillas, not sure if I'll make this again.
Nov 4, 2013
Excellent! I made this for a friend visiting from England. I added just 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin seed and just a few small diced red and yellow pepper. So easy and quick.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.