Fruit-Filled French Toast Wraps
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 2/3 cup sliced ripe banana
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2/3 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 2/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup granola
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS: additional vanilla yogurt, strawberries, blueberries and granola
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt and banana. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg, milk, cinnamon and nutmeg. Dip both sides of each tortilla in egg mixture. In a skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add tortilla; cook until golden brown, 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Spoon yogurt mixture down center of tortillas; top with strawberries, blueberries and granola. Roll up each tortilla. If desired, top with additional yogurt, berries and granola.
Nutrition Facts1 wrap: 399 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 256mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 9g fiber), 15g protein.
Mar 18, 2018
Hi,Very very good and healthy recepe thank you,even if it s been 5yrs??. But it s really nota frenchtoast and could be misleading for those whom son t knowwhat a frenchtoast is, so it snot afrenchtoast, I should know imfrench. BT that being said I do admit that the taste is a bit the same, the doping is good and just about the same as the one we dipourbread in , try this with French baguette nofruit and maple syrup orpowdered sugar, delicious. But I really like your recepe, really chef like should I say!!!
Aug 16, 2015
These are beautiful, easy, and were a big hit with my children! I have tried this with a variety of yogurt flavors ( honey was a big hit), and different fruits. Peaches are great in season!
Mar 1, 2013
I read this one over and over before I decided to make it...as I didn't have yogurt or fruit on hand. But, I decided it sounded simple, why not? I substituted cottage cheese for the yogurt and used strawberry jam on top of that. No granola, because I forgot it. WOW! VERY good! (And not just because I was starving!) I will make this again for sure... and experiment with different fillings... and I bet it will just get better and better. Thanks!
Feb 16, 2013
Definitely a winner and can be presented to look like a million dollar dish! Next time I will reduce the fruits to 1/2 cup each rather than 2/3 - my wraps were filled to capacity! Excellent flavor! Can't wait to make them again!
Feb 14, 2013
Awesome, made it exactly as the recipe stated!
Feb 9, 2013
This recipe is a misnomer because it's more like a crepe than french toast. Nonetheless, it was very good.
Feb 8, 2013
This is a delicious, healthy way to have French toast. My husband is the breakfast cook in our house and he loves to make this one when we have overnight company.
Apr 25, 2012
This recipe was SOOOO easy to make and the taste was wonderful! Healthy and AWESOME! Found a new Breakfast favorite :D
Jun 23, 2011
Delightful! I had to improvise though. A pita instead of tortilla, and a banana and a bit of baking powder instead of the egg. Still came out well though!
Jun 18, 2011
This is delicious!