- 3 large fresh tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Arrange tomatoes in a large shallow dish. Combine remaining ingredients in a jar; cover tightly and shake well. Pour over tomato slices. Cover and refrigerate for several hours. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forTasty Marinated Tomatoes
"This recipe was very easy to prepare! I used halved grape tomatoes instead of sliced tomatoes, which worked well. I'm looking forward to making it again when I have fresh basil from my garden!"
"Refreshing and easy. Similar to one I use that includes sliced, button mushrooms."
"really nice recipe. I tried it today only and loved it."
"easy recipe and a big hit for all ages! Will make this often"
"This is a great recipe for tomatoes from the garden. The dressing is mild, fresh and perfectly seasoned. I used canola oil for a lighter flavor."
"Okay.... you must try this this summer with extra ripe tomatoes, dice them up, add the juices that they drip out with the rest of the dressing, then toss together with rice noodles.... alllow to chill!! If the tomatoes are a bit acidy, add a tablespoon of sugar and you can add a splash of your blood mary mix or V8 juice if too dry. Pairs very good with a steak hot off the grill!"