Swiss-Onion Bread Ring
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds, divided
- 2 tubes (11 ounces each) refrigerated French bread
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds in a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Cut the dough into forty 1-in. pieces; place half in prepared pan. Sprinkle with half of the cheese and onions. Top with 1 teaspoon poppy seeds; drizzle with half of the butter. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 152 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 246mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Oct 19, 2012
I've made this for years, and it is always a hit. I use the frozen Bridgeford bread (one loaf defroasted). Takes more time, but rises nicely. I let it rise twice - before and after the ingredients.
Jan 22, 2012
this has become one of my extended family's most requested recipes...I'm asked to bring it to almost every get together...and it's super easy!
Oct 9, 2011
My family loves this bread. It goes well with everything. I have also made it using crescent roll dough instead biscuit dough.
Jul 25, 2011
I love this bread. I have made it many times and goes well with soups and chilies. I modify it only by dipping the bread pieces into the melted butter.
Jun 29, 2010
i love serving this bread at my partys, it goes with everything. when i cant find french bread tubes i buy the bread sticks (2 pcks) they work really well
Nov 19, 2009
EVERYONE loves this bread. I cut the recipe in half and put it in a bread loaf pan which makes the perfect amount.
Apr 6, 2009
Very good, but I would reduce the amount of melted butter next time. When I turned the pan over to place it on the wire rack, hot melted butter spilled all over my marble countertop!!
Nov 6, 2008
I made this with home made white bread dough and it was delicious!Madelin
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.