My husband and I like to entertain at breakfast, and we're always looking for new recipes. So I was thrilled when my daughter shared this butterhorn recipe with me. They're so rich, light and easy to make.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1 large egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- GLAZE (optional):
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in egg yolk and sour cream; shape into a ball. Chill several hours or overnight.
- Divide dough into thirds. On a well-floured surface, roll each portion into a 12-in. circle. Combine filling ingredients. Sprinkle a third of the filling over each circle. Cut each circle into 12 wedges. Roll each wedge, starting at the wide end. Place on greased baking sheets with points down.
- Bake at 350° until lightly browned, 15-18 minutes. Make glaze if desired. Combine all ingredients and spread on warm rolls.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.