My husband and I like to entertain at breakfast, and we're always looking for new recipes. So I was thrilled when my daughter shared this butterhorn recipe with me. They're so rich, light and easy to make.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1 large egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- GLAZE (optional):
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in egg yolk and sour cream; shape into a ball. Chill several hours or overnight.
- Divide dough into thirds. On a well-floured surface, roll each portion into a 12-in. circle. Combine filling ingredients. Sprinkle a third of the filling over each circle. Cut each circle into 12 wedges. Roll each wedge, starting at the wide end. Place on greased baking sheets with points down.
- Bake at 350° until lightly browned, 15-18 minutes. Make glaze if desired. Combine all ingredients and spread on warm rolls.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 110 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 66mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.