Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups 4% small-curd cottage cheese
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water
- In a large bowl, beat butter and cottage cheese until blended. Combine flour and salt; gradually beat into the butter mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight or until dough is easy to handle.
- Divide dough into thirds. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 10-in. circle. Cut each circle into 12 wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide ends and place point side down 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pans on wire racks.
- For glaze, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the confectioner's sugar, vanilla and enough water to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over rolls.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 101 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 112mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
May 20, 2016
Amazing! Will be making these again. I also made 24 instead of 36. Totally going to play with the glaze flavor next time...maybe lemon? orange? Yum!
Nov 15, 2011
Quick, easy and very tasty. I made 24 instead of the amount indicated, cutting 8 wedges from each of the 3 dough pieces.