Cottage Cheese Fluff
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 package (3 ounces) gelatin flavor of your choice
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine cottage cheese and gelatin powder. Stir in the oranges, pineapple and pecans if desired. Just before serving, fold in the whipped topping.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 120 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 124mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 fruit.
May 12, 2018
I made this recently for dessert after lunch my friends loved it very refreshing shared the recipe will make again over this Summer for sure using different flavours of gelatin I have to mention I only use mostly Taste of Home recipes love them easy to follow my recipes turn out pretty good,my friends love my baking all from Taste of Home
Oct 26, 2011
I've been making this for holidays for many, many years and my kids and grands insist on it. I've never added nuts tho.
Jul 17, 2011
This recipe is so versatile. My favorite rendition is to use raspberries with raspberry Jell-O. Using strawberries is also a hit around here. Blueberries with blue gelatin. If you can imagine it, you can make it. I have also used cream cheese in place of the cottage cheese and added a small package of miniature marshmallows.
Apr 18, 2008
I leave out the whipped topping for a yummy light lunch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.