Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Dash salt
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large bowl, beat butter and cheese until blended; Combine flour and salt; gradually add to cheese mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into thirds. Roll each into a 12-in. circle; cut each circle into 12 wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide ends and place point side down 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Combine the frosting ingredients. Spread over warm rolls. Cool completely; store in covered containers.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 112 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 96mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 23, 2012
I love these!!! Easy to make and delicious. I added extra milk to the icing to make it easier to pour.
Nov 21, 2011
I made these savory- various cheese and spices on them. Even my two picky eaters are gobbling them up! Can't wait to try them with icing.
Jun 30, 2011
These are amazing! I was shocked how light and fluffy they turned out considering they have no yeast, baking soda, or baking powder. They are super addicting!! The only thing I changed was that I added more milk in the frosting - it was not even spreadable as written; pretty dry and crumbly. Easy fix, though, and this recipe is totally worth it! (Also, note that I used 1% cottage cheese and it still turned out great!) Will make these over and over again!
Dec 22, 2010
Do I understand that there is no yeast in these rolls?? It sounds to good to be true, but I will certainly try this recipe...
Oct 17, 2009
For having unusual ingredients--I make them just for regular dinners--easy, quick and a great taste.