Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups Daisy 4% cottage cheese
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Dash salt
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large bowl, beat butter and cheese until blended; Combine flour and salt; gradually add to cheese mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into thirds. Roll each into a 12-in. circle; cut each circle into 12 wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide ends and place point side down 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Combine the frosting ingredients. Spread over warm rolls. Cool completely; store in covered containers.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 112 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 96mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 1, 2019
There great! My family DEVOURES then, every time I make a batch. I do wish that the frosting would stay runny for longer.
Apr 23, 2012
I love these!!! Easy to make and delicious. I added extra milk to the icing to make it easier to pour.
Nov 21, 2011
I made these savory- various cheese and spices on them. Even my two picky eaters are gobbling them up! Can't wait to try them with icing.
Jun 30, 2011
These are amazing! I was shocked how light and fluffy they turned out considering they have no yeast, baking soda, or baking powder. They are super addicting!! The only thing I changed was that I added more milk in the frosting - it was not even spreadable as written; pretty dry and crumbly. Easy fix, though, and this recipe is totally worth it! (Also, note that I used 1% cottage cheese and it still turned out great!) Will make these over and over again!
Dec 22, 2010
Do I understand that there is no yeast in these rolls?? It sounds to good to be true, but I will certainly try this recipe...
Oct 17, 2009
For having unusual ingredients--I make them just for regular dinners--easy, quick and a great taste.