Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 4 large firm pears
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup pear nectar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Cut pears in half lengthwise; remove cores. Brush pears with lemon juice. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, flour, cinnamon and salt; stir in pecans. Spoon into pears; place in a 4-qt. slow cooker.
- Combine pear nectar and honey; drizzle over pears. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until pears are tender. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed pear half: 209 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 109mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 4g fiber), 1g protein.
Jan 12, 2017
We had this delicious dessert tonight. I love that I can put them in the slow cooker and forget about them. I let the pears cook 3 hours and they were delicious and not mushy. I did use Bartlett pears. I also used Splenda brown sugar and you would never know it. Otherwise, I followed the recipe exactly. Hubby requested this dessert again. I agree. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor.
Jun 26, 2012
This is a super simple, wonderfully delicious treat! I was unsure what kind of pear to use, so I tried an Anjou pear and a Red pear. I don't have a slow cooker so I baked the pears in a casserole dish covered by aluminum foil at somewhere between 175 and 180 degrees. The Anjou pear was ready at the two hour mark, while the red pear took longer. I am so excited about the results that I am thinking of all the people that would enjoy this and the look on their faces when they find out how simple it is. This would especially be great for Thanksgiving, because you wouldn't require the oven or stove top and you wouldn't have to spend all day working on it!
Feb 6, 2012
This recipe has the right amount of everything and really lets the pear taste come through. Sweet but not too heavy.
Feb 2, 2012
Nice healthy dessert recipe. Everyone enjoyed and it was simple to put together.