Sweet & Tangy Salmon with Green Beans
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place fillets in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. In a small skillet, melt butter; stir in brown sugar, soy sauce, mustard, oil, pepper and salt. Brush half of the mixture over salmon.
- Place green beans in a large bowl; drizzle with remaining brown sugar mixture and toss to coat. Arrange green beans around fillets. Roast until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork and green beans are crisp-tender, 14-16 minutes.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 fillet with 3/4 cup green beans: 394 calories, 22g fat (5g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 661mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
May 12, 2020
Made this last night for my husband's surprise birthday dinner. I cooked the salmon
May 2, 2020
It was a little to spicy for me. I will make it again but this time keep the beans separate. We did this together with friends in a Virtual Dinner, where we both cooked the same recipe. We all enjoyed it but I would make the change I noted.
Jan 15, 2019
I made this last night and I loved the flavor combination. The only thing is that I like my salmon JUST done, so I'll need to use slightly thicker pieces next time. In order to get the beans crisp tender, the salmon had to be cooked to be a little drier than I prefer... It was still delicious....this is just a personal preference.
Jan 13, 2019
I really enjoyed this. Great recipe. My only comment is that it needs more sauce. Next time I’ll make extra to serve on the side. But the fish was tender and flaky. Definitely an addition to our rotation.
Jul 27, 2018
Haven't tried this yet - just wondering why most salmon recipes don't indicate "skin-on" or "skinned"??
May 30, 2018
Definitely a keeper. My veggies and fish cooked all at the same time. Makes this an easy dish! The salmon was so good and I love my green beans roasted.
Apr 19, 2018
Mar 14, 2018
I liked this recipe very much.
Mar 9, 2018
Used asparagus instead of beans because that's what I had. Baked 20 minutes. I think green beans would need to bake longer because I like mine well done.
Jan 28, 2018
This was delicious. The only two things I did differently were omit the oil because I thought the butter was enough and it was. Perfect! I also added a red bell pepper to the green beans for color and because I hate to waste things. I couldn’t get enough of these veggies and I’m not a huge veggie fan. Mmmmmmmm, thanks for sharing! The salmon was also very delicious!