- 2 cans (40 ounces each) sweet potatoes, drained
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- In a large bowl, mash sweet potatoes. Add the eggs, sugar, flour, vanilla and salt; beat until smooth. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and pecans; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over sweet potato mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 60-70 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forSweet Potato Casserole with Pecans
"I decided to try something different other than just plain sweet potatoes for Christmas dinner, I used 2.5 pounds of whole sweet potatoes, microwaved until done and then scooped them out of their skins, I used a 2 qt. casserole dish and cut the recipe in half. It was a fabulous dish, very tasty, it will now always be on the holiday table. Thanks for sharing!"
"We liked the topping and the ease of making the whole thing, but it was too "eggy" for our tastebuds. I probably won't make it again."
"I have made this for years, but I always oven roast whole sweet potatoes the day before then slip them out of Thier skins and continue with the recipe, I also add orange zest and juice of an orange or two, lovely great dish."
"Makes an excellent dish! Not wanting the burned marshmallow version of sweet potato casserole, this recipe provided the nice crunchy texture of a cookie-like topping. Followed directions exactly but adjusted ratios for one 30oz can of potatoes. As a volunteer field editor for Taste of Home I appreciate classic recipes that are easy to prepare."
"Yes, it does call for 8 eggs. My family loved it. Will make again!"
"Does this recipe really call for 8 eggs? That seem like a lot. Making this soon and don't want to mess it up. Thanks"
"so yummy I will make this every holiday!"
"Was easy to make and got lots of compliments."