Pecan Sweet Potato Bake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; beat until light and fluffy. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- For topping, combine the brown sugar and flour in a small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Fold in pecans. Sprinkle over sweet potato mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
Jan 5, 2020
Family loved this Christmas Day dinner. Added cinnamon to the potatoes and followed the remainder of the recipe as stated. Definitely a keeper
Nov 17, 2019
I made this for our church carry in. I followed the recipe, other than adding some cinnamon to the topping, and I doubled the recipe. It turned out great! Yummy!
Feb 23, 2019
Loved it, was devoured
Nov 21, 2018
This is a must have in my house.
Nov 23, 2017
This is my husband's must have Thanksgiving side dish. I double the recipe and use 50% sweet potatoes and 50% yams. The combination is wonderful! Be sure to double the topping. I also top it with fresh whipped cream.
Oct 21, 2017
I made this last Thanksgiving, but forgot to review it. It was so good, family loved it and will be making it again this year.
Nov 25, 2016
YUM! I decided to switch up our holiday sweet potatoes and tried this. It was SO good! It went great with our turkey! I added a bit more topping for some extra crunch. Perfect!
Nov 8, 2016
This is really good, like dessert! Doubled the topping to get even better cover
Apr 6, 2016
I have made this and it is absolutely delicious, easy and everyone likes the pecans on top.
Nov 27, 2015
Great recipe, and so easy! I wanted a change from candied yams this Thanksgiving, and this was a hit! I'll definitely be making this again!