Caramel-Pecan French Toast Bake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chlling Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 8 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 6 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter and corn syrup. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup pecans; top with bread slices.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and salt; pour evenly over bread. Sprinkle with remaining pecans. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with French toast.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 559 calories, 33g fat (14g saturated fat), 207mg cholesterol, 398mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
May 11, 2014
We loved this!! Looked just like the picture, and it was sweet and gooey. The sauce that you make needs to be served with it immediately or it ends up like a chewy candy, but the sauce that bakes in the bottom is like a syrup and tastes wonderful!! This goes in my husband's favorites.
Apr 17, 2014
Everyone enjoyed - but I just think there are better recipes out there