Pecan Sweet Potato Bake
- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; beat until light and fluffy. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- 2. For topping, combine the brown sugar and flour in a small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Fold in pecans. Sprinkle over sweet potato mixture.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
3/4 cup: 419 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 194mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Nov 23, 2017
This is my husband's must have Thanksgiving side dish. I double the recipe and use 50% sweet potatoes and 50% yams. The combination is wonderful! Be sure to double the topping. I also top it with fresh whipped cream.
Oct 21, 2017
I made this last Thanksgiving, but forgot to review it. It was so good, family loved it and will be making it again this year.
Nov 25, 2016
YUM! I decided to switch up our holiday sweet potatoes and tried this. It was SO good! It went great with our turkey! I added a bit more topping for some extra crunch. Perfect!
Nov 8, 2016
This is really good, like dessert! Doubled the topping to get even better cover
Apr 6, 2016
I have made this and it is absolutely delicious, easy and everyone likes the pecans on top.
Nov 27, 2015
Great recipe, and so easy! I wanted a change from candied yams this Thanksgiving, and this was a hit! I'll definitely be making this again!
Dec 31, 1969
This has been our family's favorite recipe for years. My 10 year old just reminded me not to forget it for Thanksgiving!
Dec 31, 1969
This is a great recipe for fall, including at the Thanksgiving table. The topping makes it special. It is so tasty!
Jan 23, 2013
This is by far the best sweet potato casserole I have ever had/made. Even people that hate sweet potato casserole enjoyed this! I doubled it and it was a good thing because people had several servings. The topping is amazing! This is officially my go-to recipe.
Jan 2, 2013
We always have this for every holiday dinner! Everyone loves it.. Even the kids get seconds!