Sweet Corn with Parmesan and Cilantro
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 large ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Place corn in a stockpot; cover with water. Bring to a boil; cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, 5 tablespoons oil, lime juice, garlic, cumin, pepper sauce, salt and pepper. Brush 1 tablespoon over each ear of corn.
- In a large skillet, cook corn in remaining oil over medium heat for 4-6 minutes or until lightly browned, turning occasionally. Stir cilantro into remaining cheese mixture; brush over corn.
Nutrition Facts1 ear of corn: 336 calories, 24g fat (4g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 277mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Sep 3, 2013
Good recioe. For "trjogaa" you can eat ripe corn raw. If it took more than 3 to five minutes to get done it was probably too old. If you buy corn at a store or stand pick firm full pieced - no need th pull down the husk - and wait unti the water is boiling before you shuck. Corn starts drying out and loosing both taste and nutritional value within minutes of being shucked. never but corn that was already shucked.
Sep 1, 2013
The best sweet corn so tasty thanks
Dec 11, 2011
Very good. Nice change from the usual corn on the cob.
Jun 20, 2011
This was very tasty, however, it took longer than 3-5 minutes for the corn to cook--more like 10-12 minutes.