From Rochelle, Illinois, Debi Hetland relates, "This warm appetizer is so simple to make but so tasty," She uses cherry pie filling, chunks of pineapple and a little brown sugar to create a fruity sauce that's just perfect for mini sausage links.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) miniature smoked sausages
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
- 1 can (20 ounces) DOLE pineapple chunks, drained
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Place sausages in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the pie filling, pineapple and brown sugar; pour over sausages. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Keep warm.
Nutrition Facts2 ounce-weight: 120 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 239mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Aug 23, 2009
I have made these an number of times when entertaining and they have always been a hit.Paulette A
Aug 16, 2008
I love making these for get-togethers. Everyone eats them up.