- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Cut wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections. Place chicken in a 4-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over chicken; stir until coated. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forSweet & Spicy Chicken Wings
"What a surprise! I made these for New year Eve, but forgot about them in the crockpot. I spooned them out, and the next day, we broiled them. Loved them.! A little worried that they would be to sweet or soupy, but they turned out great!!!"
"I 've made this 3 times in 1 month! My family & friends love it!"
"I'd rate 3-I too overcooked a bit, but they are kind of soupy so I took out of the sauce and under the broiler for a few to make not quite so messy."
"good flavor. i broiled the wings first, 3" from heat - just to give them a bit of crispness, then transfered to crock pot. the wings were very tender; however, i overcooked mine a bit - should've cut back on cooking time since i broiled them."