- 1/3 cup liquid smoke
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 10 hamburger buns, split
- In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients; rub over roast. Place in a large resealable plastic freezer bag; seal bag and freeze.
- To use, place filled freezer bag in refrigerator 48 hours or until completely thawed. Transfer contents of bag to a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
Remove roast; cool slightly. Discard cooking juices. Shred pork with two forks; return to slow cooker. Stir in barbecue sauce; heat through. Serve on buns.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled meat mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forSweet & Smoky Pulled Pork Sandwiches
"This recipe is FANTASTIC! It's so easy to assemble and the flavour is amazing! The whole family gobbled this up and so there wasn't much left over!"
"This is bar none the best pork I have ever made. I used a mesquite liquid smoke and the meat had amazing flavor on it's own. Very tender! The only thing I did differently was to keep some cooking juices in it to keep it moist. I didn't add the bbq sauce so that people could choose their own. I brought it to a cub scout function. Delicious!"
"This is amazing! I can stop searching for the BEST PULLED pork EVER now. I'm cooking up 40lb of it for our Cub Scouts!"
"I've tried a number of pulled pork recipes and always was disappointed in some way. Not this time! This is a keeper! Although, even washing several times after rubbing the seasonings into the roast, I could smell the seasonings on my hands all day at work. What a way to get the appetite going! :-)"