Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Roll-Ups
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 turkey bacon strips, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Place egg and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken in egg, then coat with bread crumbs.
- Combine cheese and tomatoes. Place 1/4 cup cheese mixture down the center of each chicken breast; top with each with bacon. Roll up from a short side; secure with toothpicks.
- Place on a greased baking sheet; drizzle with oil. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Discard toothpicks before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken roll-up: 416 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 167mg cholesterol, 545mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 45g protein.
Apr 4, 2018
This recipe is amazing! My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed it and I can't wait to make it again!
Jul 18, 2012
I have made this several times with wonderful results. It's a nice dish for guests as it can be prepared in advance and baked while enjoying your company. I serve with a side of pasta and red sauce on top of both.
Jan 11, 2012
This turned out perfectly! So easy & delicious!!
Jun 13, 2011
I have made this several times, substituting a very thin slice of ham for the turkey bacon, which I cannot find locally.
Nov 26, 2009
This is now my very favorite chicken recipe! The filling ingredients go great together. It is so delicious!
Nov 5, 2009
So easy and so delicious! A new family favorite.
Nov 3, 2009
Easier to make than I expected. It was so tasty. Everyone loved it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.