- 1 cooked steak, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1-1/2 cups Mushroom Sauce (recipe also in Recipe Finder)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- Herb-flavored croutons
- Shredded Swiss cheese
- In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, combine the first eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes. Top servings with croutons and cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSteak and Mushroom Soup
"I would like to try this recipe but don't know what the mushroom sauce is?"