I've been turning this spicy lime chicken into tacos for years, but it was my son Austin who put it on cooked rice with all his favorite taco toppings. A family favorite was created out of leftovers! —Christine Hair, Odessa, Florida
Recommended: 36 Bang-Bang Recipes That Turn Up the Heat
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 4)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine broth, lime juice and chili powder; pour over chicken. Cook, covered, on low until chicken is tender, about 3 hours.
- Remove chicken. When cool enough to handle, shred meat with two forks; return to slow cooker. Stir in lime peel. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Lime Chicken in Taste of Home September/October 2017