- 1 jar (7 ounces) stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Drain the olives, discarding juice, and return to the jar. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Pour over olives; cover and refrigerate for 3-10 days, turning jar daily. Drain before serving. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Reviews forSpiced Olives
"I've been making this recipe for several years a d I love them. I double the recipe because I "pick" on them all day and wouldn't have enough left to serve for whatever the occasion I'm making them for. DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"I have had this recipe for at least 20 years. My sons, from a young age to adults, have requested the "Christmas olives" every year. I agree with Dean Schrock, the longer the olives marinate, the better. You won't be disappointed."