- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes, stirring every 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool. Store in airtight containers in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Reviews forSpeedy Apple Butter
"I mixed it up and put it in a small crockpot. I set it on "high" and left the lid set ajar. I stirred it every half hour or so when I thought about it. After about four hours it had reduced down by about 1/3. I used my stick blender to give it a creamier texture. Great way to use up the large jar of applesauce."