My colorful Lo Mein is a lighter version of the classic Chinese dish that everyone at our table loves. Try it with a squirt of Sriracha. —Loanne Chiu, Fort Worth, Texas
Recommended: 70 Incredible 5-Star Pasta Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 small spaghetti squash (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked roasted garlic chicken sausage links or flavor of choice, sliced
- 2-1/2 cups julienned carrots
- 2-1/2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Reduced-sodium soy sauce and Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce, optional
- Halve squash lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash on a microwave-safe plate, cut side down; microwave on high until tender, about 15 minutes. Cool slightly. Separate strands with a fork.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat; saute sausage until browned, 4-6 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat; saute carrots and cabbage until crisp-tender, 4-6 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper. Add squash, sausage and remaining oil; toss and heat through. Sprinkle with cilantro. If desired, serve with soy sauce and chili sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spaghetti Squash Lo Mein in Simple & Delicious October/November 2016