Slow-Cooker Mushroom Beef Stroganoff
I love making this for my husband and me to have on a cold night. It warms you right up! Greek yogurt can be substituted for sour cream. —Meg Hilton, Atlanta, Georgia
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 2 pounds boneless beef chuck steak
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup sour cream
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Cut steak into 3x1/2-in. strips. In a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, combine next 9 ingredients. Stir in steak strips. Cook, covered, on low until meat is tender, 6-8 hours.
- Transfer steak to a serving dish; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices. Mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Cook, covered, on high until thickened, 10-15 minutes. Stir in sour cream; pour over beef. Serve with noodles and, if desired, minced parsley.
Originally published as Beef Stroganoff in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2017
Mar 7, 2018
I made this with elk chuck steak and my daughter said it was the best stroganoff I had ever made. I had to substitute regular cream of mushroom soup and didn't need to thicken the sauce at the end. Wonderful! Thank you for a great recipe.