- 3 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 to 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1-1/2 cups frozen gold and white corn
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- Salsa verde and chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- In a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 15 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated though, stirring once. Serve with salsa verde and cilantro if desired. Yield: 12 servings (1 cup each).
Reviews forSlow-Cooked White Bean Chili
"Made this for lunch today and it is the best white chili I have ever tried. The alfredo sauce and sour cream give it a wonderful tasting creaminess! I will definately be making this again!"
"I used Costco rotisserie chicken and Monterey jack with jalapeno pepper and then red pepper flakes--a bit hot, but wonderful at the same time!!"
"Delicious. Loved it! Skipped the chilis and threw in a handful of shredded carrot. Next time may sub some of the beans with a different type of bean just for some variety."
"Yumm. Eaten it time and time again."
"Great recipe! I initially made a mistake...didn't read the canned bean part for some reason...and used uncooked beans instead. I realized my mistake so I left the cheese and sour cream out and cooked everything else for 4 hours on high. The cheese and sour cream went in for another 30 minutes on high after that and it came out very tasty! No leftovers on this one!"
"WONDERFUL! I read all of the reviews, so I did some of the suggestions put out here...First let me tell you...I won First Place in a chili cookoff and I was the only one with a white bean chili!! Ok, I used grilled chicken( Tyson's if you don't have any available in your freezer) I did double the recipe but not the broth, sour cream or alfredo sauce.. 1 can of chopped chilis and no cayenne pepper. I used McKennzies frozen tube corn, 1 sweet white, 1 sweet yellow cream style. And I used 1/2 of cup more of both kinds of cheese. I also sauteed the onion, yellow pepper and garlic until tender in just a little bit of olive oil. Added it all together in the crock pot as instructed and you got a FIRST PLACE WHITE chicken chili!"
"Delicious! The only thing I changed was to reduce the amount of red pepper and add some garlic salt to taste."