We love to eat turkey, and on hot summer days, here's how we get our fix. For golden-brown turkey, broil for a few minutes before serving. —Margaret Bracher, Robertsdale, Alabama
Featured In: 50 Skinny Slow Cooker Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless turkey breast halves (2 pounds each)
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 medium apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup white grape juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Mix salt, garlic powder, thyme and pepper; rub over turkey breasts. Place in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Pour water around turkey. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours (a thermometer inserted in turkey should read at least 165°).
- Remove turkey from slow cooker; tent with foil. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine compote ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened and apples are tender, 15-20 minutes. Serve turkey with compote. Yield: 12 servings (3-1/4 cups compote).
Originally published as Slow-Cooked Turkey with Berry Compote in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2014, p42
Reviews forSlow-Cooked Turkey with Berry Compote
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 13, 2017
Reviewed Aug. 11, 2017
"I substituted Cranberry juice for White Grape juice and turned out fantastic."
Reviewed Apr. 18, 2017
"This looks so yummy! I'll try do it!http://bulletforcegame.com/"