- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-3/4 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews forSlow-Cooked Corn Chowder
"I have been making this recipe for many years. Every fall my kids start asking me when I'll make it. The only thing I change is I use 1 1/2 cup evaporated milk and 1 cup 2% milk. This gives it a more creamy texture but not too thick. This one is a keeper for a lifetime."
"Delicious! I doubled recipe to have leftovers and I am glad I did!"
"This soup is so good! I make it quite often, since it is my 5-year-old's favorite. I usually make it on the stove and keep the temperature on low to medium low until it simmers, then simmer it for about 10 minutes longer (to cook the potatoes). Yummy!"
"made this last night i too doubled it,and it came out great! kids and hubby raved on and on about it :) so it's a keeper for sure, Thanks for sharing"
"This chowder is delicious, I made this recipe without the ham, this is a new family favorite. Thank You."
"My family loves this chowder. I always double it and it's great to come home and dinner is ready."
"I've made this many times. It's easy to throw together with all pantry ingredients. Delicious."