Instant Pot Corn Chowder
Enjoy this chowder’s rich, slow-simmered flavor in record time by using an Instant Pot. Corn chowder is a classic staple, with its hearty flavors of creamy sweet corn, bacon crumbles, shredded cheddar cheese and chopped parsley. &Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes8 servings (2 quarts)
- 4 medium red potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 3 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place first 7 ingredients in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high and set time for 15 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer's directions.
- Select saute setting and adjust for low heat. Mix cornstarch and cream until smooth; stir into soup. Cook and stir until slightly thickened, 6-8 minutes. Stir in cheese and bacon. Heat through until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with parsley and is desired, additional cheese and bacon.