Instant Pot Corn Chowder
Enjoy this chowder’s rich, slow-simmered flavor in record time by using an Instant Pot. Corn chowder is a classic staple, with its hearty flavors of creamy sweet corn, bacon crumbles, shredded cheddar cheese and chopped parsley. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes8 servings (2 quarts)
- 4 medium red potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 3 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place first 7 ingredients in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high and set time for 15 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer's directions.
- Select saute setting and adjust for low heat. Mix cornstarch and cream until smooth; stir into soup. Cook and stir until slightly thickened, 6-8 minutes. Stir in cheese and bacon. Heat through until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with parsley and is desired, additional cheese and bacon.
Instant Pot Corn Chowder Tips
Does corn chowder freeze well?Yes, corn chowders that have a cream base, like this Instant Pot Corn Chowder, are freezable. However, freezing cream-based soups can change the texture. If you’re planning to save your soup for later, hold off on adding the cream until it’s defrosted. Stumped on how to maintain soup’s freshness after freezing? Check out these 5 helpful tips for freezing soup to get you started.
What goes with corn chowder for dinner?Corn chowder pairs well with either a hearty ham and Swiss sandwich, a crisp spinach salad, or a side of Parmesan biscuits for dinner. Depending on your appetite, of course!
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 191 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 709mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 medium-fat meat, 1/2 fat.
Nov 18, 2019
Thanks for this healthy and delicious Banana Bread recipes…. this recipe is great! and Easy to make. <a href="https://choicebestforyou.com/">https://choicebestforyou.com/</a>